What We Do:
Hour-long sessions provided by highly skilled physical therapists is one of the many factors that sets Pro Motion apart from other clinics. Patients really appreciate additional attention and manual therapies they receive from extended one-on-ones with Pro Motion therapists. Another difference is the effort we make in getting to know the patient's history and lifestyle circumstances, all of which affects recovery. Along with keeping up on the latest, most effective physical therapies available, our patients are provided with the most efficient plan possible in recovery. Our slogan, "Accelerated recovery through comprehensive care" is not just a tagline. It's a carefully planned vision that treats the total patient.
Techniques in Treatment:
- Joint Manipulation and Mobilization: A treatment technique that improves motion, alignment, and function of the spinal and extremity joints.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization and Myofascial Release: Direct pressure applied by the practitioner to improve muscle and fascial mobility, alter posture, and improve alignment. Ultimately, more fluid and balanced movements are attained.
- Cranialsacral Therapy: A gentle mobilization technique to improve range of motion and posture while easing tension and stress.
- Therapeutic Exercise: A series of strengthening, stretching, and movement re-education exercises that reduce pain and affords greater ease of movement. Often these techniques are employed after surgery or injury to enhance the patient's recovery.
- Core Strengthening Program: A series of exercises focused on improving the strength and coordination of the muscles that support and guide the spine through balanced movement.
- Electrical Stimulation, Heat, and Cold Treatment: Commonly referred to as modalities. These treatments reduce swelling, improve tissue mobility and range of motion, and decrease pain.
- Ultrasound, Iontophoresis, Phonophoresis: Also known as modalities. These treatments reduce scar tissue and inflammation and improve range of motion.
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication: Construction of corrective shoe inserts for foot and lower extremity problems.